- 1 I. Recognition that you are a sinner.
- 2 II. Repentance – a moral change of attitude about your sins.
- 3 III. Believe and receive Jesus Christ as your personal Savior.
- 4 IV. Public Confession of Jesus Christ as your personal Savior.
I. Recognition that you are a sinner.
- Luke 5:31 They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.
Every person has sinned and is a sinner.
- Acts 10:34 God is no respecter of Persons
- James 2:10 keep whole law, but offend in one point is guilty of all
- Gal. 3:11 no man is justified by the law in the sight of God.
- Rom. 3:9 all are under sin, no one is righteous.
- Rom. 3:12 none doeth good, no, not one.
- Rom. 3:23 for all have sinned, and come short.
We are all under the condemnation of God for our sins.
- Eccl. 7:20 there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good and sinneth not.
- Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
No second chance at salvation after death, no purgatory, no reincarnation.
There is no escape from hell and your destiny once sealed by death.
The consequence of sin is death.
- Rom. 6:23 wages of sin is death.
- Rom. 5:12 death enter by sin, and so death was passed upon all men for all sin.
II. Repentance – a moral change of attitude about your sins.
Repentance is moral remorse for what you have done wrong. It is not just feeling bad about sin, but feeling so bad that you change your disposition towards sin to reject it, dislike it, and assign a moral value of bad (“disagreeable to you”) on it.
- Acts 17:30 God now commands all men everywhere to repent.
- Psa. 34:18 Lord is near the broken hearted and those of a contrite spirit.
- Luke 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
III. Believe and receive Jesus Christ as your personal Savior.
Salvation is by grace (a free gift) through the means of faith.
- Titus 3:5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy.
- Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Jesus is God.
- Mateo 1:23 his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Jesus is the sacrifice in your place.
- Heb. 9:22 without shedding of blood is no remission.
- 1 Pet. 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree
- 1 Pet. 1:18-19 We were redeemed with the blood of Christ
- 2 Cor. 5:21 he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Jesus is the only Savior.
- Isa. 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
- 1 Tim. 2:5 there is one God, one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
- Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
- Luke 2:11 born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
IV. Public Confession of Jesus Christ as your personal Savior.
- 1 John 5:11 God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
- John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
- John 3:3 Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
- John 1:12 But as many as received him… that believe on his name:
- Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- Mat 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.